The start of winter is just days away (December 22, to be exact), but you might already be facing the rain, snow and chilly temperatures that come with it. That type of weather tends to mean plenty of time spent inside for many of us, and before long, those winter days begin to feel extra dreary.
How can you beat the winter weather boredom this year? Here are 15 creative ways to stay busy — with kids, with the family or even solo:
- Put on your pajamas, build a blanket fort and curl up for an afternoon movie marathon.
- Turn a winter weather power outrage into a dance party in the dark with your fully charged Pond and a favorite playlist.
- Plan out your perfect Christmas party with Pinterest and a whiteboard app.
- Relive your summer vacation, even if it’s snowing outside, with a photo slideshow.
- Start up your favorite mobile game and play on the big screen with friends.
- Work off the extra winter treats with a new exercise routine or yoga pose.
- Get the kids practiced up before they go back to school in an impromptu vocab review or family math game.
- Reconnect with family or friends you haven’t heard from in a while through Skype or your favorite messaging app.
- Explore new things during a “no-repeats” weekend. That means trying new foods, playing new games or learning something new as a family.
- Host your own neighborhood film festival. Invite the neighbors over for an afternoon of feature films and snacks.
- Channel your inner Shakespeare and put on a play in the living room. Bonus points for fun sound effects or backdrops using your Touchjet Pond.
- Get serious about your New Year’s resolution by hosting a planning session. Map out small goals, deadlines and how you’ll celebrate along the way.
- Get in touch with your artistic side and paint a masterpiece using the Touchjet Pond.
- Catch up on emails and work tasks before you go back to the office. Sorting through emails on your big screen TV with help from The WAVE is much more fun.
- Try out a new recipe or dish. You can even project the recipe on your kitchen wall for easy reference while you play chef.
How are you taking advantage of the winter weather? Share your best ideas in a comment below.